I hope you had a chance to relax a bit and enjoy the holidays these past few weeks!Can’t believe we have to return to real life already? Yup, me too.
I know you’re busy jumping back in today, but I just wanted somebody to tell you that whatever you’re planning as you go back to school / work / whatever your “normal” is this week, YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE.
You have ALL of 2021 to start new practices, improve habits, schedule all the things — you don’t have to do it all today, or this week, or perfectly. What needs to get done this week will get done. (You’ve been managing this for years now!)
Instead, please accept this email as a permission slip to just dip your toe in today.
It’s been a doozy, these past 10 months — ease into 2021 slowly.
It’ll be OK, I promise! There’s a “goal” you’ll be serving no matter how much you phone it in.
For today, here’s how I recommend entertaining any “new year’s” intentions you may have without going for broke:
- Go about your business as usual. (Just make it through an average day.)
- Enjoy some kind of treat or break this first day “back to the grind.”
- Before bed, think about ONE part of your day you’d like to enjoy more or get through better – what could help you tomorrow? That’s a good, practical place to start more intentional habits.
- Option A: Work on improving just that ONE thing this month.
- Option B: Don’t improve anything yet, but keep reflecting each evening, noting which part of your day affects you the most (for better or for worse).
Of course, I can expand into more specifics (just for your unique situation) if you’d like some hand-holding – you can schedule a free 60 Minutes to Solutions session with me if you’d like some help.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to schedule it TODAY … it’s always available. So no rush. 🙂 Here’s the link: https://dianaforbes.com/free-consult/
Good luck transitioning out of the holiday break!